Friday, April 22, 2011

The Challenge of eBay

I think I have finally gotten the science of eBay selling down to a science. After months of reading, watching auctions, and selling on eBay, I have come to a conclusion - you can make good money with a little work and knowledge. If you want to make extra money selling on eBay, the first thing to do is determine what sells for the best profit margin. Notice I didn't say what sells at the highest price, but the highest profit margin. Let me save you some research by sharing what I have discovered. The hands down, number one seller on eBay is electronics. Any kind of electronic device that is in good working order will net you a tidy sum. If you can pick up items cheaply, or even free, you will make money on ebay. Another great seller are medical scrubs. I'm not even sure why, but these things sell like crazy. Another great seller is women's clothing, especially brand names. How do you find things to sell? First, clean out your closets. When you are done, do it again. Put everything on eBay. Think it won't sell because it's broken? Nevermind, list it anyway, just disclose the item's condition. eBay is full of people looking for pices and parts. Once you have rid your home of everything you don't really need, it's time to cast your net for eBay items. Tell your friends that you would like to have items they plan to throw away or donate. (You can donate a percentage of your proceeds to any charity upon completion of the sale). Let them know you will be happy to rid them of broken or unwanted electronics, computer games, etc. Next, hit the thrift and consignment shops. I have found that these shops will offer a large variety of things you can't resell, but they always have hidden treasures. For example, the swap shop in my neighborhood is actually a bit pricey, but they sell clothing for $.25 per piece. I go through every item on the rack, focusing on the brand, not the actual item. When I locate a name brand piece of clothing, I then inspect it for flaws. If it's in good condition, in my shopping cart it goes. I will start the item for $.99 on eBay. Even if I only sell it for the starting bid, I still have a huge profit margin. Everyone wins. The swap shop sold an item, I sold an item, and the eBay buyer got a name brand piece of clothing for pennies. So, your challenge for today is to make a game plan and start making some much needed cash on eBay. You CAN do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!